Tokyo / Kyoto / Nagano -
Study Towards a University in Japan
Focused Academic Intensive (University in Japan Pathway)
For those with dreams of studying Japan, or want to get any kind of degree in Japan!
Those serious about studying towards entering a Japanese University, and are not aiming for a famous university. Click here for the top university pathway.
- Minimum age is 16
- Have graduated from high school and be 18 years old or older when you graduate from the language school.
- Note: You must have 10 or 11 years of elementary/secondary education in your home country to apply to this course. (Students must have completed 12 years of elementary/secondary education before applying to university in Japan). You may do 1 or 2 years of this university preparatory course to qualify for the required 12 years.
Don't meet the requirements? Please send an enquiry:
- Necessary preparation for the EJU (Examination for Japanese University)
or the JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test).
- University briefing sessions at your respective campuses (highly recommended by past students).
- Get recommended by the language school to get accepted into universities.
- Get access to special scholarships specifically for International Study Institute students.
- International Study Institute has over 40 years of experience.
- Winner of the 2017 World Language School Award.
- PC room, Cultural study room, Library, Self-study room, IT class rooms, Auditorium, Vending machines, Water coolers and Wi-Fi available.
- Use of technology to enhance learning.
This course helps you develop your skills and gives you all the support you need to get accepted into universities in Japan.
Expect 1-2 hours of homework to help you retain all the information. It will all be worth it once you get accepted into university!
There are many locations to choose from.
Takadanobaba (Tokyo) - A student district with many shops suited for students.
Ikebukuro (Tokyo) - Famous for the Sunshine City; many shops about anime/manga.
Kyoto - Get to experience the traditional culture of Japan while studying.
Nagano - Japanese students on campus for you to mingle, plus lower costs.
(Times vary slightly depending on the location).
8:50 - 12:20
13:00 - 16:10
- Typically, afternoon classes are reserved for Beginners to Intermediate. Morning classes are reserved for upper Intermediate to Advanced.(Depending on the scheduling, this might change).
4 x 45minute lessons per day
Monday - Friday
20 lessons per week
It only takes 9 months for a complete beginner to reach intermediate Japanese (JLPT N3 level).
- Learn speaking, writing, listening and reading skills.
- Get taught necessary skills to pass the university entrance exams.
- To increase your chance of acceptance, preparations for the EJU, JLPT, essays and interview coaching will be done.
- Learn how to do presentations in Japanese.
The average from students after going to the language school is 63 points over the national average, in June 2017.
Start Planning Today
- Regular starting terms are January, April, July & October.
- You must apply at least 6 months before the course starting date for long-term courses; due to student visa immigration processes. We can assist you with this.
- You must apply at least 1 month before the course starting date if you do not require a student visa (we will tell you).
- Mid-term enrollment is possible at some campuses after taking a level-check test.
Decided on this course? Let's get you started.
- If you are not sure on your course, we can help you find one that best suits you.