Practical Japanese Course
- Learning conversation where you can adapt to new situations easily. You will be fluent before you realize!
- Maximum 9 people in a class.
- Unlike a traditional school, learn at an at-home like environment with free coffee and tea.
- Optional events for students; between 7 & 10 events a week!
No prior knowledge of Japanese is required.
Start from your current level if you know Japanese already (level check test on the first day).
You only need to know Hiragana before you start; we will help you learn this once you apply if needed.
- Tokyo: Minimum age is 18 (no age limit)
- Fukuoka: Minimum age is 14 (no age limit)
- No prior education requirements.
Photos from GenkiJACS
- Won the Star Awards World Language School award for 2016.
Choose from 2 different locations.
(You can even request to go to both).
Tokyo, or Fukuoka (pronounced Hukuoka).
Hanazono Building 3rd Floor,
5-17-6, Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160-0022, Japan.
1 Chome-16-23, Hakata-eki-higashi, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka-shi, 812-0013, Japan.
Tokyo: Short walk from Shinjuku station.
Hakata: 10 minutes from Fukuoka airport and walking distance from Hakata train station.
Library, TV Room, Elevators, Wheelchair access, Eating Area, Free Wi-Fi, Computers, After-Class Seminars, Study Area, Free coffee and tea.
Tip from past students:
Students who have been to both locations mostly report they prefer Fukuoka's location and lifestyle to study Japanese.
Photos from GenkiJACS
With maximum 9 people in a class; you can focus more on your Japanese and learn better while forming closer bonds with friendly classmates and teachers.
(Sample only; actual schedule may differ depending on the level.)
AM: Skills application class; two 50-minute classes.
PM: Japanese grammar; two 50-minute classes.
20 class hours per week.
The school now also offers:
- Exam Skills (once a week, ¥2,150 per lesson)
- Kanji Skills (once a week, ¥2,150 per lesson)
- Private Lessons (¥6,500 per lesson)
You will be placed in a class that suits your level, after a level check test.
Complete beginners must start on the first Monday of every month, and third Mondays in June, July and August.
Registration* and textbook/material fee: 21,500 JPY
Tuition: 32,500 JPY per week.
6 months discount: 590,000 JPY (24 weeks tuition) (26% Discount applied!)
12 months discount: 990,000 JPY (40 weeks tuition, 9 weeks holiday) (24% Discount applied!)
These are the full prices including registration* to school and materials.
*Please note that the school charges this whether you use our website or not.
You pay the same price direct to the school.
Want to study this course?
Begin your application today before spaces become full.
(You can see and choose accommodation options from the school on the online form below. We can also help find alternatives).