Tokyo / Fukuoka -
Japanese Plus Conversation Course
Those who already know basic overall Japanese learnt through textbooks, but want to focus on improving their Japanese conversation ability.
Minimum age is 18 at the Tokyo school,
while the requirement is 14+ at the Fukuoka school.
You must have studied at least book 1, chapter 5 of a beginner's Japanese textbook,
such as Genki: An Integrated Course in Elementary Japanese (at least 5 weeks/100 lessons).
- Small group sizes allowing close relationships; maximum 8 in a class.
Lessons are both inside and outside the classroom. Use your Japanese in real life situations.
All classes are adjusted to the needs and requests of the students.
- The core classes are the same 20 classes as the Practical Japanese Course. This Japanese Plus Conversation Course offers 5 extra lessons each week that focus on covering some of the interesting aspects of Japanese Conversation such as slang, dialects, specialised vocabulary and more.
Medium / Medium-Low
Learn Japanese progressively in a fun & stimulating environment, at your own pace!
- Learn essential communication techniques and how to adapt to different situations.
- Each class is catered to the requests of the students, to meet their needs.
- Interesting and engaging lessons; practice your Japanese in real life, such as:
- Calling a restaurant to make reservations
- Giving a questionnaire to people in the park
- Asking for directions at the train station
- Buying electronics
- Ordering delivery sushi.
- Note that these are just examples; it will change based on your level and requests.
- Aims to give you practical Japanese, in an engaging and fun way.
- Won the Star Awards World Language School award for 2016.
- The most flexible option.
- More support and fun with fewer students.
√ The school holds 7 - 10 cultural activities each week; more than others. There is always something exciting going on!
√ Library, TV Room, Elevators, Wheelchair access, Eating Area, Free Wi-Fi, Computers, After-Class Seminars, Study Area.
√ English-speaking staff available.
Maximum 8 in a class, so you can make closer relationships with peers and teachers.
Two different locations you can choose from.
(You can even request to go to both)!
Shinjuku in Tokyo, and Hakata in Fukuoka.
Here is a comparison of the two:
Shinjuku, Tokyo (Minimum Age: 18+)
A short walk from Shinjuku station. There is always something exciting going on, and you will have a fun experience. You can visit all of the famous places in a few minutes on the efficient public transport: Shibuya, Akihabara, Harajuku, Nakano Broadway, Ikebukuro, Ginza, just to name a few.
If your main aim is to learn the language; keep in mind there will be less external motivation to learn, as there is so much to do!
Hanazono Building 3F, Shinjuku 5-17-6, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160-0022, Japan.
Hakata, Fukuoka (Minimum Age: 14+)
If you would like to focus on your Japanese language ability, then Fukuoka is a more peaceful place to study, while still being convenient as it is in the centre of the big Fukuoka city. It is also warmer than the rest of Japan, with great beaches.
There are many mountains surrounding, so you can even go hiking!
Both schools have many exciting events held 7-10 times a week, as mentioned before.
Genki Building, Hakata-eki-higashi 1-16-23, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka-shi 812-0013, Japan.
Only 10 minutes ride away from Fukuoka Airport.
Remember, you can even request to go to both!
Students who have been to both locations mostly report they prefer Fukuoka's location and lifestyle to study Japanese.
All prices in JPY
Registration and textbook/material fee: 21,500
Tuition is 42,500 JPY per week.
(i.e. normal Practical Japanese Course is 32,500 JPY/week. Additional 5 lessons per week on the 'Plus Conversation' Course is an extra 10,000 JPY/week. This brings the total to 42,500 JPY/week.)
You pay direct to the school!
25 lessons per week,
(20 is Practical Japanese while 5 is Conversational Japanese),
Monday to Friday
AM: 4-skills application class, two 50-minute classes.
PM: Japanese grammar, two 50-minute classes & Conversational Japanese, one 50-minute class.
7-10 activities organised by the school every week!
Want to study this course?
Start your application before courses become full.