Tokyo - Study Plus Japanese Cooking Course
Like Japanese food? It will taste even better if you hand-make it yourself!
Those who love Japanese food, want to learn the language, the tradition and customs surrounding the food, and want to make their own and bring it home!
- Learn communicative Japanese in the Conversation Course.
- Learn to make Japanese food twice a week. Make it in your home country for yourself, share it with your family and friends!
- Learn both the language, the customs and culture and how to make Japanese food.
- Medium; learn efficiently while enjoying the culture.
July 9th - August 3rd, 2018 for 4 weeks
(Dates don't suit? See the Pop Culture Course available all year round).
Monday - Friday (9:10 - 12:40)
20 lessons per week
Learn conversational Japanese in the mornings, so study and explore Tokyo after school on your free days!
Wednesday and Friday (14:00-16:00)
Twice a week after school; cook and enjoy hand-made Japanese food! (8 lessons total!)
- Learn conversational Japanese and learn to make the food.
- Learn the history of sushi
- Make your own miso soup from the soup stock
- Learn about Japanese ingredients
- Make your own udon
- Learn about the 4 seasons and wagashi; Japanese traditional sweets.
- Learn about the culture and make your own Japanese bento box lunches.
- Make decorative sushi
- Party at the end showcasing your skills and of course, tasting the delicious food!
- Great student support; smaller school.
- Friendly students and teachers
- Great range in age and nationalities.
Is it okay to join the course even if I cannot speak Japanese?
-> Yes, it is fine. The teacher will be using Japanese and English in the lessons.
I have no cooking experience. Is it still okay to apply to this course?
-> Yes! The course will teach you everything (from how to use the cooking tools) so please do not worry.
I have dietary restrictions, is it still okay to join?
-> Yes, that won’t be a problem.
Is it possible to join from the middle of the course?
-> No, unfortunately not. All 8 lessons of the course are designed to learn about “Japanese Food”, hence, the curriculum does not allow participants to join from the middle of the course.